Job Opportunity | Videographer | ‘Tappin’ In’
RB Films are looking for Midlands-based self-shooters/videographers with their own equipment and transport to work with us in documenting Tappin’ In, an exciting large scale participatory community dance project.
Tappin’ In is a mass participation tap dancing and storytelling extravaganza. Celebrating the stories of the West Midlands and the people who call it home, Tappin’ In will create joy and bring people together to get the region tap dancing and chatting about themselves whilst having a good time.
We will be documenting the journeys of participants in a number of areas across the West Midlands. The project culminates in a giant tap-dancing show where all the groups come together, which we will also document. The films will be edited together by RB films director Rachel Bunce to be screened as part of the live show in June 2022. Footage will also be used for a documentary, premiering in September 2022.
For more info on Tappin’ In visit: https://www.tappinin2022.com/default.aspx
- To document Tappin' In sessions for multiple groups, attending a total of 12- 14 days between 28th Feb - 18th June.
- To cut a rough edit of footage after each session, to be shared with Rachel for the overall film.
- To backup and store raw footage from each session.
- Based in the West Midlands (the groups meet in Tamworth, Telford, Stoke, Birmingham, Rugby, Coventry, Cannock and Solihull)
- Have a number of years experience documenting arts projects
- An interest and desire to connect with community groups and build trust/relationship whilst blending into background and
not being an intimidating presence.
- To be responsible for own equipment, transport and public liability insurance.
- To upload content within agreed time
- To keep in regular contact with RB Films team.
- 7th February- Application deadline.
- 11th February- Successful applicants notified.
- 14th February- Online briefing with full team.
- w/c 28th Feb - w/c 23rd May- 11 x Community documenting sessions with your assigned groups.
- 11th & 12th June- Documenting rehearsal days
- 18th June- Show day.
£3,500 x 2 videographers, inclusive of travel and expenses, for an estimated 14 days of engagement over the period.
£3,000 x 1 videographer, inclusive of travel and expenses, for an estimated 12 days of engagement over the period.
Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] explaining why you would be good for this role. If you prefer you can send us a short video (under 3 minutes) to introduce yourself. We’d also like to see your showreel or links to your previous work.
Application deadline: 5pm on Monday 7th February.